I often ponder things that seem to have a theme. One thing is when someone says " I am not artistic/creative" or "I wish I was artistic/creative ". These statements project that one needs to be good to be artistic and I don't believe that to be true. Today I was crabby for no good reason and I tried to snap out of it and it just kept returning and I realized I was missing something: creative time. I think the biggest difference between someone who identifies themselves as an artist and one who doesn't is the need to create. Much like someone who has the need to be physically active (running, playing tennis, etc), an artist needs to create to feel balanced and whole. An artist will create to fill the need but the final product matters less than the journey to there. A person who does not think of themselves as artistic only has the final product in mind not the journey. Thoughts?
Letting go of the me I say I am so God can show me the me he sees. Letting go of who I was before so God will reveal who I am now. Inching my way toward knowing. Inching my way to understand. I feel a new path being paved. Though my body screams with anxiety, I push on. I push on to see the me that God sees.
Matt and I have been together nearly nine years and married for two. We've always known that we wanted to have a family, actually a big family. In June 2011, we will be welcoming our first baby. Ah, a sweet little June Bug. After going through a miscarriage in March to the ups and downs of trying to get pregnant again to hearing the baby's heartbeat for the first time, we feel truly blessed!!
Comments
Post a Comment