A spiritual experience



I love garage sales; someones garbage becomes my treasure at a cheap price.
Estate sales are completely different.
Sure I still find treasures but it also is a spiritual experience.
I find myself connecting with this person I don't know.
I am gathering their stories, understanding who they were,
what they valued, what their hobbies were.
 
This morning I went to an estate sale of a woman, a widower, a mother,
a grandmother, a seamstress.  A woman who is now in the end stages of Alzheimer's. 
I connected with her spirit and also reflected about my aunt and
grandmother who I lost just over a year ago to the same disease.
To those that have lost someone to Alzheimer's you know that you have
to grieve twice, first you lose the person then you lose the body.
 
Such emotions in me today.
 
I cannot get through an estate sale without feeling connected
to God and to the person whose stuff I am rummaging through
and I am thankful for that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So are the days of my life....

Our Honeymoon

Renew