Go to sleeeeeep!

 
I rarely have trouble falling asleep anymore but there are some nights when I just want to yell
at my brain "shut up and go to sleeeeep!!!" 
My mind will race with worries, ideas, things I need to do, things I need to say,
things I forgot to do or say.   It's like my brain is puking at the end of the day.
I have tried everything from breathing slowly, counting sheep, studying the backs of my eyelids and nothing seemed to work.
That is nothing until I started repeating the word "nothing."
A thought will come up and I just think "nothing." 
I keep repeating it and somehow it works because the next
thing I know it's 2 or 3 in the morning and I am on my first
middle of the night bathroom trip.
Try it out the next time your brain is trying to keep you from sleeping.
Just repeat in your mind "nothing."
I don't suggest "nothing, nothing, nothing, nothing, nothing" over and over but more
like a meditation "noth....ing." 
Nice and slow and as other thoughts enter, repeat.
Hope this helps you like it has helped me.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So are the days of my life....

Our Honeymoon

Renew