Crossing bridges

Are there ever times when you think "I must remember to tell my child this when they
are older." ?  The other day I thought, I have to remember to tell my children when they start driving that bridges tend to be the most slippery when it's wet out because they don't have the warmth of the earth like other roadways.
It got me thinking that bridges are a transition from one side to the other and in life
transitions can be slippery too. 
So I will remind my children to approach life's transitions with gentle care.
I will tell them that transitions are important and when handled with a direct yet gentle approach, they will arrive on the other side feeling accomplished and stronger. 
When standing on a bridge, we often feel stuck like we need to continue to look at what's behind us and yet excited to see what the other side will bring.  We often try to rush through transitions (over bridges) instead of taking our time.  If we take our time, we will reap the benefits of learning important lessons and we will arrive safely at our destination. 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So are the days of my life....

Our Honeymoon

Renew