Embracing all the senses

The battle between "living in the moment" and "documenting for the future"
 is a constant struggle for me.
With a 3 year old and an almost 6 month old, I know how fast things change.
I know that our time together is precious. 
Stages don't last long. 
They are learning to roll over and pretty soon they are crawling.
Learning a few words to a song and pretty soon they know many songs and are
even making up their own.
I don't want to forget.
I don't want the memory of how they were at each age pass.
I want to hold on to their "littleness."
So I struggle. 
Do I embrace the moment and live in it or document it?
Is a memory made better in the mind or with a camera?
Well, it's both I guess.
There are things that can't be captured with a camera.
Like when my daughters hair smells like sunshine or the way it feels to hold my baby and have her head all nuzzled into my shoulder or when I hear the older one singing to the younger one.
A picture can help you to remember feelings, smells and sounds though.
But you have to be mindful with the camera.
You still have to use your other senses so that the memory is captured and experienced.
Listen.  Smell.  Feel.  Embrace.
These are the moments I don't want to forget.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So are the days of my life....

Our Honeymoon

Let us Rejoice!