Learning through the struggle


I am trying to learn to use my Wacom tablet for drawing in photoshop.  I drew the bird above no less than 10 times and I am still not completely thrilled with it but it is better than the first one I drew.
 
By nature I am someone who has a million ideas, I think "I could do that!" and when I fail to meet my expectations I give up and try something else. 
Around Christmas time last year I started to see a new possibility through my art.
I realized the struggle and the working through was important and vital to the process.
So many times I paint something and think "eh, I don't like how THAT turned out."
And now instead of hanging my head I move on, I let it sit, I paint over it, I don't dwell.
I am naturally creative but not naturally artistic...does that make sense?
Being creative is part of me, the itch that keeps itching. 
If time for creativity is lacking I get crabby.
But being artistic, that is a muscle that needs to be worked.

Comments

  1. As a non creative person myself, it's super interesting that you pointed out the difference between being an artist and being creative. I wonder if each use a different part of the brain? Has anyone written about "creativity" as separate from "art"? Super interesting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know if anyone has written it but it came to me yesterday as I was writing the post. It makes sense to me!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

So are the days of my life....

Our Honeymoon

Let us Rejoice!