First step in achieving...



On April 2, I celebrated my 10 years of having quit smoking.!


I remember when I had tried to quit before and it was always a struggle. I always thought of it as something I SHOULD do. "I SHOULD quit, it is bad for me." What was different the last time, when I was finally successful, was I WANTED to quit and believed it was possible. I knew I wanted to quit more than I wanted to continue. Oh, how I enjoyed blowing smoke rings and having cigarettes with my friends but I knew quitting was what I really wanted.


I remember struggling with "what do I do with my hands." So, I started painting. I painted whenever I had free time. I painted just to keep busy and it worked. I also struggled with "how do I drive my car without having a cigarette?" So, I started chewing more gum and eating cinnamon Altoids. That probably lasted a few months and then I was over it.


I don't remember when I stopped thinking about smoking but I know I dreamt about it all the time. What I know for sure is that it was a huge thing in my life to accomplish. I know that once I quit, I truly felt I could do anything.


There is great power in believing in yourself and achieving the things you dream of!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So are the days of my life....

Our Honeymoon

Renew