Crafting for little June Bug!

Well, I must say that I love crafting and having a baby on the way has me exploring new crafts. I search for cute baby items and bookmark them. I am not someone who takes a tutorial or recipe or much of anything and follows it exactly. I am always making tweeks; sometimes it turns out and sometimes my way might be the long way. It is just the way my brain works I guess!

This is a baby soft block, tutorial found here. If you didn't know already, I am in love with owls. I found this material at SR Harris Fabric Outlet, where all regular priced fabric is 50% off....love that! This block is so soft and squishy and is about 5 inches tall.
Then I found a cute tutorial for a stuffed owl, and I just had to try it. As I said before I don't really follow the directions, so you can see how different mine looks...kinda cute but I think hers is cuter. I think littl June Bug will like it anyhow!



I have also been wanting to decorate some wooden blocks. I ordered some 2 inch pine cubes from here, that I plan to make ABC blocks with. But in the meantime I had some cedar blocks that I decided to practice with. I crafted one block with two sides using different pretty paper, two sides with kitty stickers and two sides just painted green. Last, I applied Mod Podge over the entire block. I am excited to do the ABC blocks!



There are quite a few tutorials for wooden blocks, I found one here and here.






I sewed a receiving blanket when I first bought the owl material a few months ago. Since I didn't have a baby around, I used the sock monkey as a model!





Happy crafting!!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So are the days of my life....

Our Honeymoon

Renew