Be U


I remember before I met my wonderful husband, I felt like I had to be somebody different for a guy to love me. I felt like I just wasn't that interesting, beautiful, smart or worthy. I tried to be things that just weren't me. I absolutely fell for every guy that I ever dated, and I always got dumped and was heart broken every time...except for the last time. See, I took some educational classes that focused on transformation. I learned how to be okay with me. I didn't need a guy to make me happy. I felt worthy just being me. So when that last guy dumped me, I shrugged my shoulders and moved on. I knew he wasn't "the one" anyway. Being okay with being dumped was a completely new experience for me. It created the space for me to meet my wonderful husband because I knew I was okay just being who I was. It was okay to be alone. With Matt, I did not have to pretend to be anyone else. Relationships should be simple. Yes, they do come with challenges and challenges make the unity stronger. However, it shouldn't be a struggle to be together. I am fortunate for figuring that out and for having my amazing husband. I thank God quietly almost everyday for him!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

So are the days of my life....

Our Honeymoon

Renew