Wabi-Sabi

Last Tuesday I went to the library. I was browsing through some books and saw a spine that read Wabi-Sabi. I picked it up; it was a brown book with a faded tattered leaf in the background. The title was "Wabi-Sabi: for Artists, Designers, Poets and Philosophers."
Thinking of myself as all of those things at one point or another, I knew I needed to bring this book home with me. I read this intriguing book in three days. The term Wabi-Sabi is a Japanese word.

"It celebrates cracks and crevices and all the other marks that time, weather and loving use leave behind." Robyn Griggs Lawrence

While this is a new word for me, I feel that I have had an appreciation for the natural process of aging and weathering for quite some time. I find beauty in the imperfect, the wear and tear, the rust, the aging person and things that are often overlooked.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So are the days of my life....

Our Honeymoon

Let us Rejoice!