Unity

Quite a few years ago I had written something down about how to practice unity and I kept it in my planner and looked at it from time to time. It went like this:


Use the phrase "just like me" to signify your unity with others. Whenever you find yourself making an assessment of another person, whether you are saying something critical or something complimentary, right after you think or say it, add the statement "just like me."

Unity refers to living in harmony with other people. It means working for a common cause with those around the globe who know that when one person gains, all gain, and when one fails, all fail. We are crafting unity when we build communities. Unity enhances harmony and solidarity. Unity balances/counters loneliness and individuality.


I knew that when I had written down the practice there were other spiritual practices on the site that I got it from. I could not remember the site, so the other day I googled "to practice unity" and voila the site! If you are interested in more spiritual practices go to Spirituality and Practice. On the right hand side you will see a whole list. This is where I got the information for this post.


I just really love this site. It is spiritual but not geared toward one religion. As my spiritual journey continues to unfold, I feel that religion (Catholic) has given me a great foundation for connecting and yet is not the only truth.

Feel free to share your thoughts!


Live. Love. Laugh. Embrace.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So are the days of my life....

Our Honeymoon

Renew