So are the days of my life....

What a week...a good week! Well I worked Wednesday night through Tuesday night. I was suppose to go to a fun lake party and visit with Matts sister and nephews on Saturday but unfortunately the apartment above me was getting new carpet...and it took 3 days to prepare and install...so I didn't get the best sleep. I was very sorry to miss Wendy (Matts sis) and the boys, because now they are back in Japan :( I wish they weren't so far away...the boys are growing up so fast and we are missing it. I hope they will be at the wedding!


On Monday evening I met up with Emmy at Jakes (such yummy food!) and I got to see the pics from her Ultrasound. Baby is healthy...they are not finding out what it is...and I just love that. I think it is so exciting to wait and see if it is a boy or girl. There is very little in life that is a huge wonderful surprise. Ultrasounds are just so fascinating to me, I think I am going to be able to go with her to one of them...YAY!! Emmy and I had a very nice talk, like we always do and the food was delicious. Love ya Emmy...can't wait to meet and hold your baby! By the way Emmy is due 10 or so days after my wedding! She says she will drive a wheelchair down the aisle if she has too...ahahahaa!

Wednesday I called Emily on my way home from work and she called me back a little while later and wanted to know if I could come to get my haircut. Hmm....sure. So without any sleep I headed North to Emily's. She cut 3 inches off my hair...and it is still super long. I also got some long bangs...just that simple thing seems to add a lot to the look. She said my hair is really healthy...which is amazing because I do blowdry it every day. This is a good thing because when I do decide to cut it I can give it to locks of love.

And of course baby John was there too...he is getting so big. He is full of smiles these days. I was holding him and singing " Jumpin, jumpin, jumpin John" and bouncing his feet off my legs. He was just giggling. I am so happy to see my friends transform from non-mom to full fledged mother...it is a beautiful trransformation! Here is baby John.


After leaving Emily's I stopped at the bank where Marianne works. She is so cute pregnant. She is due on August 8th....coming very soon. It was good to see her.

Then I was off to the shop to visit Matt. He has been very busy with fixing up one of the jeeps this week. When I got there all it was, was the engine on some wheels. He totally amazes me with everything he knows and can figure out. His brain is always calculating and analyzing things. This weekend we are going to do the Crawl for the Cure...a jeep event for MS. I will post pictures of that next week.

Since I was in the area, and trying to keep myself awake, I dropped by and saw my mom. We sat and talked for awhile and she had some yummy oatmeal chocolate chip bars that I just couldn't pass up. Thanks mom for being a good cook..hopefully I got some of those genes! I know alot of what my mom knows she learned from her mom. I never met my Grandma, but feel that I know her through my moms stories. She was blind, but was an amazing cook and overall amazing woman. Sometimes when I need guidance or feel that something has happened that reminds me how wonderful life is I will pray to her. I think she is one of my guardian angels.

There are always photo ops at mommas house. I saw this beautiful black and white dragonfly buzzing around and it would land on a flower and I would inch my way towards it, taking pictures from every distance...and get closer until finally a trust between this beautiful insect and I. I move around taking pictures from different angles and locking in focus and looking at what is in the background that would really bring him/her into clarity. I felt so peaceful watching it and moving around it, so as to not disturb but just appreciate.





After getting some nice shots of the dragonfly, I moved on. I found lots of texture as I walked from the house to the far side of the barn. I noticed this part of a tree. Looks like there used to be a branch there and it has broken off. Even broken, it remains beautiful...it is different than it was before...something is seen that could never have been seen before. Reminds me of life...and that sometimes we go through times where we are broken and feel helpless and unloved or unwanted, and then someone notices us, or we discover a new part of ourselves and we heal and blossom and we become better than we were. Isn't that what life is about? Transforming over and over so that we are continually better people.
And new fruit emerges....
and old memories remain...
the old barn is such a cool place. So many memories. My brothers and I would spend endless hours playing in the forts we made when we were young, when I became a teenager it became a place to hang out with friends and a place to get away.
some more texture...



I thought the picture below was cool...I like the perspective of the little plants against the bark.

An old metal couch...added some texture to it in photoshop, just to give it more of an old feel
Today I had lunch at Olive Garden with my friend Wendy and her sons Alex and Cam. Wendy and I have a renewed friendship...we were good friends and then as teenagers we lost eachother and then became friends again...cool how people come back around into your life. We had a nice lunch together.

As we get closer to the wedding I am appreciating where my past has brought me and look forward to a future with Matt and all the "fruit" that will emerge from our togetherness!

And I will close with lyrics to a song that rings so true to me, there were so many times that I felt all alone, but now the sun surely shines! This song is on the "Hope Floats" soundtrack. I decided to add the video too, just in case anyone would want to hear it.





To Get Me to You : Lila McCann

"Well I, I still can remember times
When the night seemed to surround me
I was sure the sun would never shine on me
And I, I thought it my destiny
To walk this world alone
But now you're here with me
Now you're here with me

And I don't regret the rain
Or the nights I felt the pain
Or the tears I had to cry
Some of those times along the way
Every road I had to take
Every time my heart would break
It was just something that I had to get through
To get me to you
To get me to you

Well I, I still can recall the days
When I had no love around me
Makes me glad for every day I have with you
And I, I look in your eyes and know
I'm right where I belong
And I belong with you
Always belonged with you

And I don't regret the rain
Or the nights I felt the pain
Or the tears I had to cry
Some of those times along the way
Every road I had to take
Every time my heart would break
It was just something that I had to go through
To get me to you
To get me to you

And if I could I wouldn't change a thing
Wouldn't change a thing baby
Because your love was waiting there for me
Waiting there for me baby

And I don't regret the rain
Or the nights I felt the pain
Or the tears I had to cry
Some of those times along the way
Every road I had to take
Every time my heart would break
It was just something that I had to get through
To get me to you
To get me to you"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Honeymoon

Let us Rejoice!