What if...

Today, I was reading an article about how to change the world, here is the link
Goodness Graciousness: How to Heal the World in Fifteen Minutes#links
It talks about a way that no matter what religion you are (if any at all), what part of the world you are from, what language you speak, whether you are young or old, male or female or any other sort of category we put eachother in, it would work to make the world a better place. The suggestion was to sit in quiet contemplation and intention for 15 minutes a day. Sometimes the world seems so busy, there is so much to see, so much to experience...and yet how often are we really experiencing? I find myself doing a million things at once. I am listening to the radio, going back an forth from checking my email, editing pictures, reading articles, answering the phone...etc. Half the time I am not sure I even taste what I am eating, because that usually gets done in front of the computer too. When I get myself out of my routine to take a walk or meet a friend or see a movie...I feel so refreshed! And of course photography relaxes and energizes me at the same time!

So with this article fresh in my mind...I kept thinking what else could change the world little by little? How could we each make our corner brighter, safer, happier?
I headed out to get some groceries and was listening to "Jimmy Eat World" ( a CD that I bought purely for one song about 3 years ago and never really listened to other songs) and I found that I actually like other songs on there...Hooray! Anyway I thought to myself " What if I told a stranger I loved them" then I thought well that might be creepy and then saying "I love you" to Matt or my parents or brothers may not be as meaningful. Well how about "I like you"...hmmm....that was getting closer but still didn't seem quite right. How about "you're important to me"....ding, ding, ding!! A winner!! In my book it is a winner, and I don't think it would require actually saying it, but believing it and thinking it. So, I am going to try it on for awhile.

I mean what if the person in front of me on the freeway was driving me crazy because they were driving so slow and I thought "you are important to me"...would it get me to where I was going any faster? No, but it might get me to where I am going a little happier. I am just throwing things out there.
Or even the cashier at the grocery store...they may look like they are not having a good day, what if I thought to myself "what you are doing is important and you are important to me". Thoughts precede actions...so what would follow? I don't know.
I do believe that every moment is an opportunity to serve the world.

What do you think would change the world? Leave me a comment and let me know your thoughts!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So are the days of my life....

Our Honeymoon

Renew